Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Slow going


The man who stood before her, clad in white and marked with ashes, had vacant eyes that opened to nothing. ... She wondered if the future of F. stood before her or merely one stanza of a very long song, a stanza sung and quickly forgotten.

It has been over a week and I have only half a chapter written. For fast-paced narrative in the first draft, this is slow for me. At least I am getting my mind back into it.

Sweet dreams, my chortling woodchucks!

--the BB

2 comments:

June Butler said...

In answer to your question, nothing good, I expect. Of course, I could be wrong.

Paul said...

It is hard to trust carefully expressionless faces, isn't it? Makes me think of security guards in our hotel when a Chinese minister was visiting St Petersburg, Russia. The watched everything and visibly responded to nothing.

In the scene from which the question comes they are sundry warriors at the funeral of their lord's sister, all wondering and having their own thoughts about what happens next and whether their lord is worth tuppence without his sister's drive behind him now.