Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Teh speech

The President:
Some of people's concerns have grown out of bogus claims spread by those whose only agenda is to kill reform at any cost. The best example is the claim, made not just by radio and cable talk show hosts, but prominent politicians, that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens. Such a charge would be laughable if it weren't so cynical and irresponsible. It is a lie, plain and simple.


The BB:
And about time someone said so. I loved the "don't be pulling this shit with me" tone tonight.


The President:
I will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it’s better politics to kill this plan than improve it.



The BB:
About fucking time.

3 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Please let teh people say, Amen!

Kirstin said...

Amen.

The Cunning Runt said...

No shit. I've about lost it with claims of "untruths" and "mis-statements of the facts." We should have had leaders screaming "Liar!" long before this.

This is the first inkling of spine I've seen from our President, and I pray it's not too late to effect the change we voted him in for.

Thanks for being on top of this; you're my voice at the present time. I'm swimming in rageful thoughts and afraid to succumb to my baser self, and so I'm silent when I should be screaming.

And I agree, the tone of The Prez' speech was right on, so much more diplomatic than I could have mustered yet drawing a line regarding truth versus lies.

I have a love/hate relationship with politicians, but this guy's leaning me toward the former.