Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Memories of Roses Past

Now that I am growing roses on my own for the very first time and enjoying the little thrills of excitement that come when each bare root bundle of twigs firsts puts out green shoots and then when I see buds forming and, finally, when a rose opens.... Well, it's time to toss a bit of joy and color in here - after all that deadly dull theology and ecclesiastical obsessions.

So here, with a tip of the hat to my beloved ex whose labors made these possible, are some garden shots from May of 2003.

This is Seraphim, the great bell of the garden. How I loved to take that rubber mallet and ring the Angelus for all the neighborhood to hear!

Fragrance to lift the soul!

And a nice gaudy flower to round it all out and cheer us up!

Praise the Creator for all growing things!
--the BB