Friday, December 14, 2007

This should make you furious

It did me.

thereisnospoon is saying that the Democratic leadership in Congress knows exactly what they are doing and it is nothing but cynical manipulation, allowing Republicans to repeatedly thwart the will of the People so folks will be mad enough at the Republicans to vote in more Dems in 2008.
They want people to be angry. They want people to feel helpless in the face of a president they strongly dislike. They want the Executive to appear all-powerful, and the obstruction of the Republican minority impassable. They want Republicans to be seen as getting their way, contrary to the will of the American People.
...
And let's be clear: to defund the Occupation of Iraq or impeach the President shows that you have power.

Which is, ironically, the very last thing the Democratic Leadership wants.

Meanwhile sod-all is getting accomplished on behalf of the American People and things continue to get worse in this nation and the world.

That is not doing the work of the People, it is not serving this nation or benefiting the world. While it takes place millions of people suffer.

While I hoped they would try to do the right thing it seemed they have been incredibly inept and stupid. Looked at this way they are immoral and, if the constraints of Christ were not upon me I would damn them all to hell. Yesterday.

Whatever is going on, I plan to stay mad. It is much better than depression, despair, and giving up.
--the BB
Poster courtesy of oldamericancentury.org

8 comments:

+JN1034 said...

Furious, yes, but not surprised. The DC network (GOP and Dem) is deep and broad parasite feeding of the American people. What we've seen of the Democratic leadership is apathy, weakness, ineptitude, and failure to do the will of the people. And many have asked why. And then one thinks: Surely they know what they are doing, but why? To over-demonize Bush-Cheney et al. and assure a Democratic win next year? Or is the GOP under-ground infiltration so strong it scares the Dems? Either way, you're correct ... they aren't doing the work of the people. [BTW, you do have the constraints of Christ upon you, dear priest. Be careful what you ask for. Christ would see it differently: They ARE what they deserve, but at the expense of humanity.)

Ellie Finlay said...

I guess I don't have the energy left to be furious. It does, however, deepen my cynicism. (Didn't know that was even possible...)

Jane R said...

Note to Eileen the Episcopalifem on a totally (?) unrelated matter (I'm also going to post at Mimi's): access to your blog is banned by a civil court in Turkey. What DID you say recently? Or is it the dressless lady on your home page? (If I write out the word n * a * k * e * d* poor darling Paul will get spammed. I asked one of my Turkish friends here and she says you must have said something anti-Turkish. I told her your blog wasn't terribly political, only the usual criticisms of El Presidente, like most of the rest of our friends. Oh do tell. I left you a note in the comments section of my blog (where you last wrote) but haven't heard from you, and I can't find your e-mail. P.S. Hi Paul sweetheart.

Jane R said...

Oh, fascinating. Bishop Christopher Epting's blog is banned here too! http://ecubishop.wordpress.com/ (he's the Episcopal Church's ecumenical officer -- and interreligious officer too, as I recall) and so is the Handmaid Leah's -- very devout Orthodox Christian: http://handmaidleah.wordpress.com/. So now my host says it must be an anti-Orthodox thing, because although the Ecumenical Patriarchate is here, the Turkish government doesn't like it. (But they haven't banned its website.) Eileen, doll, have you suddenly gone Russian Orthodox on us? Or Greek Orthodox? And how come they haven't banned Padre Mickey and me, the icon posters?

Paul said...

Jane, this from Eileen:

INTERESTING! I have NO idea what I could have said that would be have me up for a civil banning in Turkey.

I wonder if Jane R. can find out! LMAO

That is HYSTERICAL.

And here I was, wanting to GO to Istanbul some day, and I wouldn’t be able to access my blog.

Paul said...

Jane, dear, Eileen has now done a whole post on this. I send you the part that does not come from these comments:

I wonder WHAT in the world I could have posted here to get me BANNED in Turkey???? By the GOVERNMENT? HUH?

Mom always said there’d be days like this.

Aaaah…THIS might explain why:

http://timpanogos.wordpress.com/2007/08/19/turkish-creationists-censor-1-million-wordpress-blogs/

It seems that some rich hoople in Turkey, who is a creationist, got the Turkish courts to block ALL Wordpress Blogs!

This site:
http://www.greatfirewallofturkey.com/english/

will get you AROUND the block on Wordpress in Turkey. It’s some kind of prexy site.

The world is a far more interesting place than I ever give it credit for being~

+JN1034 said...

As quickly as countries are banning/blocking access to the Internet, folks are developing programs to get around the bans. One ban has been developed for Blogger/Blogspot, though we haven't found one (yet) for Wordpress. Please see this post for the access code or simply use: http://www.pkblogs.com/BLOG-NAME-HERE or visit PKBLOGS.COM. Ah, the human spirit always strives for freedom (thank you, God, for imprinting this within us).

Paul said...

Thanks, brothers. I hope Jane finds this too.