Friday, March 28, 2008

The Friday Five

Diane had her answers up today, so I will join in the game.

What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?

1. I love the game of choosing where to distribute 10% off the top. I am connected to three congregations, the mission in Oakland, California, my parish in Albuquerque and its mission in next-door Corrales. They would be my starting point, and I would like to do something for the Episcopal Diocese of San Joaquin, and Episcopal Relief and Development.

2. I would like to help get a Democrat in the White House and Martin Heinrich as my Representative in NM-01 and Tom Udall as Senator in place of Pete Domenici.

3. I want a staff: which really means paying folks to clean my house weekly and a part-time admin person to keep me organized. What a difference that would make! I am godawful in both these areas.

4. I hate moving and would thus stay where I am but I would like to do some things with my home: (a) build a patio and ramada in the back yard and install drip irrigation in the garden; (b) interior decorating, including paint for some color on the walls and a bit more furniture, chiefly bookshelves; (c) clean up and organize the garage with a workbench and organized tools and storage.

5. Travel.

I would enjoy retirement without financial anxieties, write my books, indulge my creative urges, cook and entertain more often.

--the BB

No comments: