Monday, March 17, 2008

Hearth thread - 3/17/2008


We begin today with thanksgiving for Jonathan's good news:
Having had a brain tumour removed last Tuesday my father has recovered so well that he's leaving hospital and going home later today.
We continue to hold John and Fiona (MP's parents), MP and Mrs MP in prayer.

Continued prayers for Fr Jake and his brother following the death of Jake's stepmother.

I could not recall the name of Lynn's friend the other day but see a note I made to myself. It is Steve. I don't remember why prayers were asked, but God knows and that's good enough.

Yesterday was the wedding anniversary of my niece Paula and her husband Rick. Blessings!

Feel free to add your own requests in the comments of these prayer threads.

When my soul sheds its tears,
When my heart languishes in longing,
When my whole being shivers in fatigue,
Come, O Jesus, I beg you to come.

--Prayer written by Lithuanian prisoners

--the BB

5 comments:

Fran said...

That prayer made me cry... beautiful.

Paul said...

If I have reduced my friends to tears, then I guess my work is done.

Jane R said...

I'm with Fran.

susankay said...

It is very surprizing to me that I (who has always found petitionary prayer to be more than a little "odd") have come to pray for others from these blogs and in my community and to actually ask for prayers as well.

I originally came to the blogs I now frequent because I was seriously p***ed about homophobia and sexism on the part of people who claim to be better Christians than I am. Who knew that it would end up with me praying.

Ain't God amazing!

Paul said...

Yes, susankay, She is. While I have been in very supportive local congregations for decades, I find a wonderful network of like-minded people online and draw strength and inspiration from them all the time.