Thursday, July 10, 2008

And you were expecting...?

Washington - Karl Rove, President Bush's longtime political guru, refused to obey an order to testify before a House Judiciary Committee hearing Thursday.

--CNN via Truthout (with h/t to Jane R)

You could not have possibly imagined that Karl Rove would honor a congressional subpoena. I know I could not, on my sunniest of days.

I expected him to, in very quaint legalese, tell them to shove their subpoena.

And he did.

Alas, I also expect that Congress will do sod-all about it. (If you're not familiar with that phrase it means they'll do absolutely fucking nothing.)

That I expect so little of Congress reflects the utter disgust and contempt they inspire in me these days. And that is a sad commentary.

Any member of Congress, House or Senate, who will not act to hold the Bush crime regime accountable needs to get his or her ass kicked off Capitol Hill. No excuses and no exceptions. (Dammit, are you listening, Nancy?) That is what our vote is all about - answerability to the People of the United States in whose name this nation was constituted.

I'm now going to get drunk and avoid politics for another 24 hours.
--the BB

No comments: