Friday, October 03, 2008

Getting to know you - the series

Haven't you noticed, suddenly I'm rather truth-free,
Because of all the baseless, untrue
lies I'm telling about you
day
by
day?

[Yes, as a young lad I read Anna and the King of Siam and saw The King and I and got the album and played it over and over and over again and memorized every word of every song. This was the height of my American musical theatre fandom and it was all downhill from there. I really am a rather pathetic queer when it comes to musicals.]

Now, where was I? Oh yes, pondering the McCain campaign and its falsehoods or omissions so egregious they count as falsehoods. Consider McCain's record on opposing higher taxes.



Maverick my ass.

It's not that there are not times when taxes need to be raised or adjusted; it's that they pretend to be champions of lower taxes who would never, ever vote to raise them. Or, as a radio ad I heard today (on the local channel that carries liberal talk shows like Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann, and Randi Rhodes) put it - "be very afraid of Obama, he'll raise your taxes" -brought to you by the McCain-Palin Campaign and the Republican National Committee. Asshats.
--the BB

No comments: