Friday, November 14, 2008

A new member of the family

My carpool partner of recent weeks gave me a parting present this morning on the way to work: one Victor Joseph Flyboy (aka Vic, VJ, and if he's naughty "Victor Joseph!").

He is a teddy bear in full aviator gear. Too cute for words but since my camera battery is exhausted (and that ain't all that's exhausted), photos have to wait until we get home. This morning on the way to work he was singing "nothing can stop the Army Air Corps!" Yes, like his daddy, he's a bit old-fashioned. I thought the "at 'em boys, give 'em the gun, rat-a-tat-tat!" was a bit bloodthirsty but he's young and I certainly feel safer on the streets with him around. There was also a bit of "up in the air, Junior Birdmen." My, he's going to be a handful.

He also kept me company on a day that ran on longer than planned. The time sheet I turned in yesterday presumed leaving work after 8 hours, i.e., around 3:30. It was 6 p.m. when I left work. Which is fine. I was committed to completing the day's tasks, even if they got started late. I did somewhere just short of 6000 lines of data entry, finished documenting the procedures of what we were routinely doing, and got everything boxed up or recycled. As I left the office I was humming tunes from Don Giovanni which the New Orleans Opera is performing this evening and tomorrow. Wish I could have caught it.

Early tomorrow morning I shall be homeward bound.

Vic says, Hi!
--the BB

No comments: