Monday, November 17, 2008

One more step toward hell


UPDATE: Focus on the Family announced this afternoon that 202 jobs will be cut companywide — more than 20 percent of its workforce. Initial reports bring the total number of remaining employees to around 950.

Focus on the Family is poised to announce major layoffs to its Colorado Springs-based ministry and media empire today. The cutbacks come just weeks after the group pumped more than half a million dollars into the successful effort to pass a gay-marriage ban in California.
--Colorado Independent
Hoffmania comments: "We guess they found it worth destroying 200 of their "families" to destroy a state's-worth of potential families. James Dobson took one more step toward hell."

I don't know that I've ever mentioned here just what a vile, smarmy, twisted expletive deleted I consider James Dobson to be. And that's been my opinion of him for decades. Why would I think so poorly of him? Because he has always come across to me as a manipulative, smug, evil, power-hungry, money-grubbing weasel in christian clothing. Oh, and a stupid fuck. But that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
--the BB

5 comments:

susan s. said...

Don't hold back, Honey! Tell us what you really think! :o)

BTW I agree with you...

Jane R said...

But how do you really feel, Padre Pablito?

Paul said...

Long have I loathed him, Jane and Susan S. (Sorry i was so oblique. LOL)

gerry said...

Your subtlety is overwhelming!!!

However, I don't agree that he is a stupid fuck -- a sly fuck, a slimy fuck, a slippery fuck, etc. choose your alliteration.

After all he's conned countless people into parting with the cash to make him a big noise in the fundie wacko fringe.

Paul said...

I agree, Gerry, that he is a master chiseler, marketer, self=promoter. Very skilled at all that. But his theology is fear-driven and stupid and mean. I consider him an unctuous and very evil man. And there are many like him.