Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here's a better photo

Bishop Marc Andrus of California

You've seen portions of the Festal Green chasuble I made for St Cuthbert's, Oakland. The whole set was made in honor of Doris Hagen, for many years director of the Altar Guild, the den mother emerita of this particular cub scout - for keeping an eye on me all the years I was there. (Nice web site, designed by Vibol Peou, a terrific young man, so I encourage you to click the link above.)

Here is a picture from St Cuddy's of our bishop, the Rt. Rev. Marc Handley Andrus, wearing it. When I first glanced at this picture I thought someone had sneaked a shot of me that I had not seen. When I looked more closely I realized it was my bishop. Bishop Swing blessed the vestments at one of his visitations and it made me feel good to see my new bishop in them.

Speaking of St Cuddy's, their blog has a wonderful post celebrating the life of my friend (and one of my staunchest supporters, along with her husband Fred), Phyllis Brislawn. I wanted to post a photo and tribute to her when she died and it just hurt too much to do it. I am am glad to point you to it, along with pictures of her memorial service.


She is truly one of God's saints. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

2 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

It's very nice to see these pictures of your congregation, of both your living and your saints.

Paul said...

Thanks, Göran. They are wonderful people whom I love dearly. And miss.