Tuesday, January 06, 2009

631 - updated


01/05/09 :
DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

Lance Cpl. Alberto Francesconi, 21, of Bronx, N.Y., died Jan. 1 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force...

From the New York Daily News:
"I still don't believe it. I think it's a mistake, a dream," said his 23-year-old wife, Cynthia.

...

"At least he was fighting for something," said his mother, Minerva Negron, 58. "He died like a hero."

"I am just praying for the other soldiers," she said.

"All of them are like my son. When I read the newspapers, when I see the news, I cry for them, too."

...

"He told his wife ahead of time, 'Just in case I don't come home, I want to be buried with my grandmother,' " he said.

His mother said she took comfort in knowing that her son would be laid to rest next to his grandmother.

"She's going to take care of him," she said.


via IGTNT

No comments: