Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sorry, Rahm, try again.




I just sent my e-mail to the White House.

I find it extremely difficult to understand Mr. Emanuel's comments today about not considering prosecution of those who devised the torture policies as anything but gross dereliction of the executive duty to see that the laws of this land be enforced. While I recognize obvious potential political repercussions of pursuing the law, I do not see how choosing not to enforce the law--in a matter so grave and touching the nature and future of this nation--leaves us with any functional laws at all.

I believe it is imperative that a Special Prosecutor be appointed by the Justice Department. Not to do so leaves the citizens of this nation at the whim of future executives. That is hardly acceptable.

Thank you.
--the BB

No comments: