Friday, May 15, 2009

Heart thread - 05/15/2009


From WORMWOOD'S DOXY:

My boss, and wonderful friend, Miguel is having surgery today. We have worked together for many years, and he is one of my heroes.

Dear Friend’s mother—who celebrated her 87th birthday last Friday—has developed pneumonia. Doris is a strong, vibrant person, and she is taking appropriate medications, but this is worrisome.

I would appreciate it if the OCICBW crowd could remember Miguel and Doris in their prayers. Also, Jim—Dear Friend’s brother-in-law—who continues to undergo treatment for inoperable brain cancer.

Thanks,
Doxy
h/t to MP and GM

Let us also remember Doxy who has been toiling on a major work project and Dear Friend, who risks all by marrying Doxy next weekend. Poor chap, he gets us lot in the bargain.

This from our mission prayer team:
Mike and Eydie have asked prayers for their next door neighbor, Roy. Roy is ‘in extremis’ (near death) and is being cared for by Hospice. Let us hold Roy before God in prayer asking for a peaceful and painless death.
[Last names omitted]

I ask for guidance and peace of mind for my friend Cuervito.

For the Episcopal Mission of San Gabriel, meeting tomorrow to develop our vision for future ministry.

Though this was posted yesterday, I pass it on today. From Pseudopiskie:
More prayers requested
Today Julie-Anne is having surgery on her shoulder. She has lupus and is worrying more than normal because this is the first surgery she has had since the lupus diagnosis. Please pray for guidance of the hands of all involved that her pain will be eliminated and recovery will be swift and full.

Richard is also having surgery today to remove a tumor from his liver. He is, quite frankly, a physical mess. Please pray for him, his medical team and his family who have suffered much lately.

And while we are at it, let's also keep in mind the folks affected by the tornadoes. We are grateful that our friend Maria was able to outrun the tornado in her pickup but not all the residents were so lucky.
Continued prayers for my friend Kathy recuperating from surgery, for Roseann and Gary, for Kirstin (one year ago today was surgery!), for Diane with a broken arm, and for all the folks in recent heart threads.

For the unemployed and those about to be laid off, including my co-workers Dorothy and Rodney who "rolled off" our project today.

For peace in Sri Lanka and Canaan, for Aung San Suu Kyi and the people of Myanmar, for Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Congo, and Somalia.

For the restoration of the rule of law in the United States.

For those who fight disease in any manner: research, prevention, treatment, cure, rehabilitation, education, etc.

For our fellow creatures, our environment, and this fragile planet.

For those who pray for us and those with none to pray for them.


Almighty and most merciful God, kindle within us the fire of love, that by its cleansing flame we may be purged of all our sins and made worthy to worship you in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Book of Common Prayer

--the BB

4 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

of course, praying for all,even though i can't do my usual praying in color method...

susankay said...

Paul -- thank you for the reminder to pray for those who have "none to pray for them". Prayers indeed.

Fran said...

Thank you for doing this - it is so beautiful. Even when I am not here, I know you are posting, so I join in prayer with one and all.

And as susankay indicated, the prayers for those who have none to pray are essential.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Thanks, my friend! It comforts me to know that so many people are praying for my friends and new family.

Miguel seems to be doing well, and I will get the "Doris Report" later today. I hope she will be able to make it to the wedding--but if she can't, the first thing Dear Friend and I will do after the wedding is go visit her.

You are right to pray for Dear Friend, though I think he is lucky to get all my Invisible Friends in the bargain... ;-)

I continue to pray for many on this list, and will add the additional names. I, too, am glad to be reminded of those who have no one to pray for them. May the Holy Spirit wrap them in Her wings and give them peace and joy.

Pax,
Doxy