Sunday, August 30, 2009

Heart thread - 08/29/2009


Let us remember Roseann:
One step back
I was starting to feel kind of good. I was able to go visit some friends and do some cooking and stuff around the house. Then this morning I woke up all swollen from the neck up. My dialysis nurses had no idea what was causing it and gave me a laundry list of possibilities... allergies, drug interactions, etc.

This is what wears me down the most. I start to feel better and then I get kicked in the head again. I think God is pissed at me.
--GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, PLEASE!

For the people of Afghanistan amid elections and all their other challenges.

For peace in Iraq, Pakistan, Canaan, and throughout the world.

For the people of Iran about whom we hear little now.

For those threatened by wildfires in California and elsewhere.

For those recovering from Typhoon Morakot in Taiwan.

For the people of New Orleans.

For all whose days and nights are filled with terror, rage, confusion, despair, chronic pain, abuse, addiction, or fear.

O God, you have bound us together in a common life. Help us, in the midst of our struggles for justice and truth, to confront one another without hatred or bitterness, and to work together with mutual forbearance and respect; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
--the BB