Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stamani nel giardino

I basically ended last evening with yard work and, once my slow-moving rear was in gear, began today with a continuation thereof. I pulled out a few more dead plants and replaced them with fresh ones and did a fair chunk of pruning roses that had been badly damaged by sun and wind. I cut back bare branches, leaving the sections with new growth sprouting and pulled off lots of sunburned leaves.

Here are photos from this morning.


Circus roses


A semi-panoramic view with zucchini,
the Methley plum tree, Tournament of Roses
rose bush, and French lavender


Una vespa (not the kind you ride)


Zucchini blossoms


A newly replanted color spot pot


Closer view of Tournament of Roses and lavender


This morning's harvest (and part of my breakfast)

The photo above omitted the cherry (shown yesterday) that I plucked and just now ate. It has hidden itself when I washed the others. It was only the size of a large pea or a small chickpea but it tasted quite nice.

Now, will I really launch into cleaning, cooking, laundry, recycling, and exercise?

1 comment:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Love your flowers!