Friday, February 29, 2008

Behold, I bring you good tidings.... - updated

... whether they are of great joy for all people is a judgment call. But for me, at least.

My MacBook is in hospital for it's brain transplant. They expect that will take no more than two days and, since the problems began before the first year was up, I don't have to pay for it.

Meanwhile, my dicey Dell desktop is, for the moment, running and I thus have access to the net.

The cute tricks I use to blog require too much thought to replicate on this platform, even if that is how I blogged prior to a year ago. I am having enough challenge switching from English to Russian to Italian (to prep our church's teenagers going to Rome in a few months). No, I cannot carry on conversations in Italian, but I can do standard phrases with a decent accent and a love for the musicality of the language. All those years of listening to opera and cooking, you know.

I see the word "lontano" (distant) and switch into the persona of Calaf in Turandot: "Mia povera Liu, se in un lontano giorno io t'ho sorriso, per questo riso, dolce mia fanciulla, m'ascolta. Il tuo signore...."

Now I may have slightly garbled the lyrics, the grammar, or the spelling, but where else can you get music with your tourist phrases, eh? The teens will, rightly, conclude that I'm beyond eccentic, but what a treat they are in for.

Modesty oozinng out of me too, as you can see.

Bene.

Try to stay out of trouble, hear?

UPDATE:
Quick computer surgery. My Mac is back and I'm typing on it right now. Woohoo!
I will now spend the rest of the evening loading my applications on it and transferring documents back onto it.

[happy dance]
--the BB

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Ha! The kids'll love you. :-)

Jane R said...

Kirstin, are we procrastinating? (Or still home with flu and spending all of the time visiting blogeroos?)

Kirstin said...

Both. Better now, though.

Hi, Jane. :-)

Jane R said...

Howdy. ;-)