Monday, February 25, 2008

Light blogging weekend ahead


This is the weekend of The Annual National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show at the Sandia Resort here in Albuquerque. Last year I volunteered to help a friend staff his booth. This year I will be a paid temp employee, greeting the throngs and urging them to sample our wares.

And may I say, y'all need to try the raspberry chipotle chocolate fudge made by C G Higgins Confections (known at the state fair and trade shows as Chuck's Nuts).

The maple nut fudge is a slice of heaven!

So I will not be chained to my laptop--my usual mode--but very offline. Basically, in the midst of a scene like this (from 2006 Fiery Food Show):


Just letting y'all know so you don't worry about me.
--the BB

8 comments:

Jane R said...

Have fun, BB, and make money so you can keep body and soul together and keep writing those wonderful posts. Enjoy the chiles.

Raspberry chipotle chocolate fudge?!?!

Paul said...

Oh yeah, baby. First the raspberry and chocolate hit you, then the smoky fire of the chipotles (smoked jalapeños, for those who wonder what a chipotle is) comes at you and your mouth wakes up and your eyes widen. As that calms down you have the chocolate afterglow.

Kirstin said...

I'll be properly jealous.

That fudge sounds amazing. I want some.

Fran said...

Oh my.

I have been away for the computer more often than not these past few weeks and this one will be no exception.

You lucky Paul see me more as I go to Safari and visit you and the Mad One first, then its into Firefox for my usual activities.

That said, your pending busy times sound far more enticing than my own!!

Have fun and remember, for FranIam the choice is always green.

And that fudge...

johnieb said...

Alas! My innards took a turn towards the delicate some while back, but I gotta say, that sounds wonderful!

Enjoy, my friend.

Paul said...

Fran, I am consistently for green too, though I've made some nice red sauces myself. I find NM chile sauces usually hotter than in Mexico and I am prefer the Mexican versions.

Fran said...

To which I would agree - except for the part where the sauces are made, I have not tried that.

My heart longs for New Mexico, a place that has been so healing for me. And now that I have a new friend in you there, I would really love to come. With Mimi in tow!

Once this house business is settled and I get my finances in some kind of shape, prepare to see me or us!

Paul said...

That would be totally awesome, Fran.