Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A visitor from the North Atlantic

While I was evidently off at Russian class tonight, a visitor from Bermuda dropped by.

As someone who would wear shorts every day of the year, were it possible, how can I not be heartened by a place famous for shorts?

Did you know there are approximaely 138 islands that make up Bermuda? Neither did I. Or that the nearest landmass is Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, 1030 km WNW? Me neither.

How can one NOT love the Bermuda shorts on the Olympic team in 2004?

Pink sand beaches anyone? Here is a peaceful video of almost two minutes to calm your soul.



--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

Lovely! I have always had a curiosity about Bermuda. I did know about the distance to Cape Hatteras, I did not know that there were 138 islands!!

Last year when I was stuck in my Jet Blue hell day at JFK, which I blogged about, I met a couple on their way to Bermuda.

I asked them why Bermuda in February- it is not a tropical paradise in winter. Temperate but rainy and not like going to the Caribbean at all.

They however had no idea that it was not like that and I think I kind of upset their already upset day when we got further into the conversation.

Another lovely post- I will have to come back later and watch the vid.