Friday, February 29, 2008

Blog, but not blogger, down


As regular readers know, I have had computer problems off and on for the past two months. On my last visit to the Genius Bar they ordered a new hard drive, saying that the next step is just to replace my drive if I continue to have problems. In the past two days four of my five most common applications have suddenly crashed. So I am going in for a brain transplant on my laptop later today. I may be without it for a few days.

Everything was backed up last night, so I have no fears about documents etc. Reinstalling applications is a bitch, however, and too tedious for words.

I do have another computer (an iffy one that I never use) so I might be online, but not sure.

And, speaking of technical difficulties, my chest cold continues. I feel physically (but not emotionally) rotten.

The sun rose just a little while ago over the Manzanos Mountains and the sky is cloudless.

That's the news from Desert Farne.
--the BB

2 comments:

Jane R said...

(((Paul))) I'm not hugging your computer, though.

I send you chicken soup vibes. Or miso soup if you're in a vegetarian mood.

Paul said...

Chicken's good, Jane. Omnivore here. Thanks!