Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I was stopped dead in my tracks

By the sight of Jupiter and Venus near the crescent Moon last night.

So I whipped out my camera and did my best.

The first photo shown here was with the flash and caught the moon in the darkened sky.


The next, with no flash, catches the spotlight effect on the tree to the left, shows some of the lovely colors in the evening sky, and clearly shows the Moon and Jupiter. If you enlarge you might barely see Venus.


This last is obviously not mine but that of a professional photographer.

I found the photo via Watertiger at Dependable Renegade.

I doubt that one can live where I live, go through autumn, and not be in love with creation.

(The spring dust storms are another matter altogether.)
--the BB

3 comments:

Jane R said...

Saw them last night here in NC. So bright!

susankay said...

It was gorgeous, wasn't it?

And re the dust storms -- you mean when Arizona tries to get to Texas? Yick, indeed.

Be well.

Fran said...

I saw that too- as I was on my way into my theology class, the same class where we began in September by considering the cosmos as a sacrament.

Thanks be to God.