Friday, October 19, 2007

Too pooped to post

I will be caught up in (my first) Convention of the Diocese of Rio Grande this weekend, along with work tomorrow and the God thing on Sunday morning. Additionally, the new Dean of St John's Cathedral will be formally instituted tomorrow evening at the Convention Eucharist. Full clergy drag, so I hope the cathedral is cool because I melt under all those layers of fabric.

Also this weekend my home Diocese of California will be meeting in Convention at Grace Cathedral, San Francisco.

Almighty and everliving God, source of all wisdom and understanding, be present with those who take counsel in Albuquerque and San Francisco for the renewal and mission of your Church. Teach us in all things to seek first your honor and glory. Guide us to perceive what is right, and grant us both the courage to pursue it and the grace to accomplish it; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Amen to your prayer. Indeed, may God be present.

Paul said...

GM, I just got home a little while ago after a log day. I left my secular job early to catch some church action. Well, that is what we call irony, if not sarcasm. Is the Church where one expects action? (I am sounding awfully jaded this week.)

God, of course, is always present, and I thank you for joining in prayer. We are somewhat less likely to be present: to God, to each other, to our own selves even. Thank God for God's faithfulness. As we recentl read at Mass, "if we are faithless, He is faithful because he cannot deny himself."

Tonight's Eucharist was nice but as long as a Great Vigil of Easter. Must. Get. Sleep.

God bless Bishop Jeffrey; it has been a rough journey for him, he leaves with his integrity, class, and pastoral heart intact; and I wish him well.