Monday, March 31, 2008

Heart thread - 3/31/2008

My friend Tad went traveling while fighting a couple of infections with antibiotics. Got to his destination and had developed cellulitis. Nasty stuff, that, so he can use your prayers to get well and come safely home.

Wormwood's Doxy sent a request to Grandmère Mimi. I invite any who visit here and have not already seen that post to join in. Doxy wrote:
I'm going to ask your prayers for my David today. His father died rather unexpectedly yesterday afternoon. He was 85 and had Alzheimer's---but he had not been ill, so it was something of a shock. Thanks.
....

David is a junior, so his dad’s name is David too. His mom’s name is Doris. They celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary this summer---I can only imagine how hard this is for her.

Thanks for your prayers…I have come to have great faith in the prayers of my Invisible Friends…
Thanksgiving and joy are in order for Joyce and Charlie, a couple of newlyweds. We rejoiced in the celebration and blessing of their civil marriage at Mass yesterday at San Gabriel's. They are in my age bracket, so it is especially gratifying to see them finding each other and enjoying each other's love!

FranIAm points us to the celebration of Delia and Kat's love and commitment to each other, so we give thanks for them too!

Fran also reminds me, as did Susan Russell, of the birthday of César Chávez, a brave and dedicated man who, with Dolores Huerta, led the fight on behalf of farm laborers. A couple of summers I taught summer school in the Central Valley, working with children of migrant workers and learning just the tiniest bit about their life. Their lot is still not an easy one and we need to develop a far greater respect and gratitude for those who get food to our tables.

A New Thing
God, you are doing a new thing in our world, leading us along new paths of mutual discovery, joint learning, exchange and encounter, calling us to cross barriers of prejudice, fear, anxiety. Lead us into your new world as the new people of God, with Jesus Christ, our partner and pioneer. Amen.
—The United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel

--the BB

4 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Thanks, Paul--and thank you for your beautiful description of the Trinity at MP's. As JohnieB said, "Friend speaks for me"--but so much more beautifully than I ever could have.

Love,
Doxy

June Butler said...

Prayers for Tad, Paul. Cellulitis is a nasty business. Grandpère had it once in his toe.

Paul said...

Merci, Grandmère. I had it once in my right forearm and it gave me quite a scare. Tad is a dear soul and one of the pillars of our mission church.

Fran said...

I send prayers in abundance for one and all.

Thanks for including Delia and Kat - the two gorgeous women in love!