Saturday, June 07, 2008

How Karl Rove Played Politics While People Drowned

That is part of the title of a post at Crooks and Liars by Logan Murphy. You can click on over to read about Karl Rove's role in the aftermath of Katrina.

Since this blog is so much about New Orleans, these days, it seemed proper to provide a link.

An excerpted paragraph:
“I could not believe that the president of the United States, staged by Karl Rove himself, had come down to the city of New Orleans and basically put up a stage prop. It was like you had gone to a studio in California and filmed a movie. They put the props up and the minute we were gone they took them down. All the dump trucks were gone. All the Coast Guard people were gone. It was an empty spot with one little crane. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. At that moment I knew what was going on and I’ve been a changed woman ever since. It truly changed my life.”


--the BB

No comments: