Thursday, June 05, 2008

Just one new photo

And I took it yesterday.

There is elegance in the renaissance of New Orleans. It's not all rubble and rebuilding. Each day I pass MiLa restaurant and glance through the gap in the curtains, thinking to myself "How lovely!" as I look at the elegantly set tables. So I paused and took a photo yesterday morning (just before they began erecting scaffolding in front of it all).


Here's the blurb from their website:
MiLa Restaurant is now
open at the Renaissance
Pere Marquette Hotel


MiLa is the culmination of both the marriage of
chefs Slade Rushing and Allison Vines-Rushing
and their respective home state cuisines –
Mississippi and Louisiana.

With a heavy emphasis on provisions sourced
from regional farmers, MiLa fuses traditional
Southern classics with fresh and surprising
ingredients. Dine in an elegant yet relaxed
dining room in downtown New Orleans.

I'm assuming they won't mind the publicity. I want to go inside.
--the BB

7 comments:

June Butler said...

Paul, that's good to know. Another new restaurant to try out sometime. You're a mine of information on New Orleans.

Paul said...

Given that I only know a concentrated half square mile of the CBD (Central Business District - took me a while to decipher that one) and the route between there and my apartment, this is a very shallow mine with a very thin vein of what is probably fool's gold. But I thank you for the compliment.

And guess what, sports fans? We got word Tuesday that we will probably be working into July. Not so good for getting back to my beloved ABQ but very good to the checking account. Hmmm, time to pay those past due bills.

The Cunning Runt said...

Take me with you when you finally get to go to MiLa - I promise not to make a mess or eat with my hands1

...mostly...

BooCat said...

More temptations in my path, Paul. Good news for me, however, yesterday. I got a full-time job with American Red Cross. It will probably take the next year for me to dig out of my financial hole, but by the time I have earned enough vacation days to make the trip, perhaps I will finally have the funds to check out some of the places you have been photographing and been posting to tug at my heart and soul.

Paul said...

Congratulations, Boocat. I know about financial holes all too well. May things look up and your soul always be well fed.

TCR, we can both try to be on our best behavior. If I go (and I have not made plans to, but who knows?), I promise a thorough review. Back in the mid -70s I thought it would be fun to be a restaurant and movie critic....

June Butler said...

Boocat, congratulations on the new job. I hope all goes well with you.

Paul, congratulations on your extension. You're going to be rich before you're done.

Paul said...

Well, not rich, but the wolf will be a bit farther from the door. Thx, GM.