Friday, September 26, 2008

I dozed off


So much for lively debate. Lots of decorum. I rather like decorum, actually, though I appreciate a good zinger too.

Who forgot his flag pin tonight? Commie.

Trapper John said, "Obama won this on graciousness and composure. Period. He was the adult in the room." I may not have been consciously present for all of it but that is my impression also. He looked and sounded presidential. Grampy occasionally seemed on the verge of ordering the kid off his lawn.

Not too sure how comforting his "I've been around forever" leitmotiv is, frankly. He almost seemed to hobble off afterward.

Eddie was catching a few Zs as well. I had to wake him up when it was over. Since he is a member of the Platypus Party he finds human debates rather irrelevant. I did hear him mumble something about more shrimp in every pot. New Orleans seems to agree with him.

Maha frets that most viewers might not notice that McCain often does not answer the question put to him. Think Progress documents McDisaster's, um, inaccuracies.

McLiar trotted out some of his faves this evening. He just can't stop. From Crooks and Liars we read about something I'd like see Grampy get called on:
It turns out that presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain has attended even fewer Afghanistan-related Senate hearings over the past two years than Obama’s one. Which is a nice way of saying, McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Senate Armed Service Committee, has attended zero of his committee’s six hearings on Afghanistan over the last two years.
I expect a run on popcorn before the VP debates. For a preview of the junior-high-school edition of political finesse check out Wilda Wolfkiller:



Should Senator Biden show up in a black hat just to scare the bejeebers out of the little lady? (I know that was a belittling sexist remark but JFC, she's a cross between Attila the Hun and a Valley Girl just emerging, barely, from magical thinking.) Governor Palin should scare every sentient being to the polls to ensure she never gets near the White House.

h/t to SilentPatriot at Crooks and Liars

I think Digby speaks for me:
It's very hard for me to gauge this debate because to me John McCain is quite obviously a crazy, intemperate, nasty old bastard. He was sarcastic, contemptuous and patronizing. I really, really loathe him.
Whenever someone, especially a lifelong Democrat, says they can't quite bring themselves to vote for Obama because there's just something about him they can't quite name, is it just me or do you want to scream with me, "You mean because he's black?!!!"? That's my inner reaction anyway.

--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

I had a really long week - I was exhausted and sleep overtook me about 20 minutes in!

McCain NEVER wears a flag pin, but there is a rather deafening silence on that one. Which is fine by me in some ways -because who gives a flying you know what about a damn pin!

Maybe he has yellow "Support the Troops" magnets on all of his 276 cars.

I too worry about the racism factor.

BTW - maybe Miss Thing really is imploding, being (harharhar) left behind by conservatives etal.