Monday, November 03, 2008

We have a lot of work to do. Be inspired.



h/t to Joe Sudbay at Americablog

I feel as though I have done very little for Obama's campaign. I have donated more where I felt my pittance made a bigger difference (No on 8; Heinrich for NM-01), I have not phoned or rung doorbells. I have played cheerleader here but doubt that it has influenced a single vote.

Today, in the tiniest little gesture, after a quick trip to the bank, I stopped next door in Walgreen's and picked up a case of bottled water, then schlepped it over to the local Obama HQ to keep at least a few of the throngs of volunteers hydrated. As I walked back to the car I thanked those volunteers just arriving. Then I rushed home to park the car in the garage, lock up the house, and be ready for the taxi to the airport.

Maybe a bottle of water will help one volunteer have the one encounter that yields one more vote. I hope so.

[ Find Your Polling Place | Voting Info For Your State | Know Your Voting Rights | Report Voting Problems ]

--the BB

No comments: