Sunday, November 02, 2008

Your Sunday evening hymn sing - with update


With themes right out of the Gospels:



h/t to John Aravosis at Americablog, who says: "The video itself is okay, but the song is great. Stacy Beyer, the singer/songwriter has a beautiful voice. Nice lyrics too."


Update:

Now, addressing the liturgical season, here is a snippet of sine nomine. I would put up something longer because it is one of my favorite hymns but all the choirs and congregations singing to an organ that I find on YouTube sound, to my ears, more like dirges. This is uptempo, the way I like it (and most of my hymns, for that matter).



Here is a litany of the saints in Setswana from a first profession of Sisters of Christ the King in Botswana.



With a nod to Tom Lehrer:



And our finale from the Canadian Brass:



Enjoy.

--the BB

3 comments:

Fran said...

I love the Stacey Beyer song- Yes we can! That was great.

Snort- the Saint Song. I heard/saw that at a Catholic blog, loved it!!

gerry said...

Sine Nomine is also a fave here. Your clip is almost the same tempo as yesterday at Trinity Memorial.

It was the recessional, but more in a march tempo and Peter pulled out all the stops and ranges to send us out into the world in the spirit!!!

Paul said...

Gerry, thanks for leaving a comment so I know you're out there. Thanks for your ministry at Trinity Memorial. Three cheers for lively musicians!