Monday, March 02, 2009

VERY URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

Via OCICBW:
From Lisa at RANTINGS:

Dear Jonathan

I feel too sick with worry right now to blog about this, but I thought you might like to post a prayer request on my behalf. If there is a god and he answers my prayers you will have a real convert on your hands.

Ian was taken into intensive care last night. His fever was sky high, his skin all blotchy and he was having difficulty breathing. He's now sedated and on a ventilator. The doctors have advised me that he may not pull through. They still don't know for certain what's wrong with him, but the current thinking is that the infection in his hip was secondary and came from another infection elsewhere, possibly around his heart. Any build up of fluid around the heart is preventing it from pumping blood efficiently and causing fluid to back up into the lungs, hence the high heart rate, low blood pressure and difficulty breathing. A cardiologist is with him as I type this. I've been there with him all night but had to come home to see to the dog at 7am and go to the shop to send the staff home etc. I'll be going back there very soon.

Any positive vibes your followers can send his way will be much appreciated.

Lisa
Prayers for Ian and Lisa (and the dogs who know something is very wrong).

No comments: