Sunday, May 17, 2009

Heart thread - 05/17/2009


Mimi has the requests here. I am cutting and pasting just to pass then along.

From Roseann:
Just want to let you all know I am feeling better. The stuff that goes in my feeding tube is working like a charm. My main issue now is I am having trouble with dialysis. I am suddenly unable to breathe and they have to put oxygen on me. It is a horrible feeling, like a panic attack. Right now they don't know what is causing it. Could be an insulin surge or who knows.

I know I ask for prayers a lot but please pray that this is cleared up quickly. Right now it feels like one of the last hurdles.

Love, Roseann
From Elizabeth:
Bad news just in: My brother John was just diagnosed with temporal lobe deterioration and early Alzheimer's Disease. He's 55 years old. Yes, that's 55. His wife, Mary, is the primary caretaker for their granddaughter and her aged parents who live with them. Needless to say, she is quite overwhelmed. I am too stunned at the moment to know how I feel, exactly, except terribly, terribly sad and deeply concerned for my brother. Of my three siblings, he and I have been the closest.

Prayers, please.
Margaret and Joel need your prayers. Margaret asks for the prayers here and gives an update here.
Please pray for my beloved --he's in the hospital. They think he's had a series of small strokes.

The episodes started last night --we thought they were a food allergy or something, because he couldn't control his speech and his tongue was like a rubber band. Nothing else but that. We were with our neighbor Ben, who is a big time brain doctor... last night he showed some concern. But the episode passed quickly.Today, Joel lost his speech again while talking to Ben, and Ben called me and said that I was going to spend the next six hours in the emergency room and either hate him because it was allergies or love him for saving Joel's life.

I love Ben... he saved my husband's life.
and later
Thank you all so very much for your prayers.

Joel is doing well--still in the hospital and might be for a couple more days. He is not bright red like a lobster any more, and even though his talking is thick, he is still punning fluently away.... and is able to tell us what year it is--which he was not able to do yesterday!

I am so deeply grateful for Ben who gave us only one option--ER. I think he saved Joel's life, and/or prevented Joel from living with great impairment--at least that is what it looks like right now.

And I'm exhausted and going to bed early!

Thank you again for your prayers. Please, keep 'em coming.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Joel the help of your power, that his sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Lots of hurt feelings are going on right now too, exacerbated by aching raw hearts. I won't link but I think Jonathan needs some prayer as well.

We all need prayer. Our hearts hurt, our minds are in turmoil, the world is rather a mess. And yet there is grace. May we all be bathed in that grace, washed fresh by the Spirit, anointed with sweet-smelling oil of healing, and be reclothed and in our right minds.

Rejoicing in the joy of Cecilia's sermon. May grace sustain her and Beloved and her congregation.

Remembering those affected by the tornado in Kirkepiscatoid's town.

I am grateful for the prayer by Concord Pastor that FranIAm shared with us.

While I explained Rogation Sunday in my sermon this morning we had not planned ahead to do anything about it. Caminante and the folks at Trinity Episcopal Church did, however. Check it out here.

Kirstin finished the academic year. Hooray!


Grandfather, Grandmother, Sacred One,
Creator of heaven and earth, Giver of life,
We are here before you,
Hear us!
Thunder Beings, Medicine Bear,
Waters where the Sun goes down,
We are here before you,
Teach us!
Buffalo upon whom the People depend,
Land of Snows and Winter Gales,
We are here before you,
Strengthen us!
Rising Sun and fresh Breezes,
Elk Nation, Seeds of all Beginnings,
We are here before you,
Fill us with life!
Ripening Time, Plant Nations,
Winged Cousins, Sheltering Trees,
We are here before you,
Nurture us!
Round circle of the Sky,
Father Sun, Sister Moon, Star Nations,
We are here before you,
Shine upon us!
Mother and Grandmother Earth,
Crawling and Burrowing Clans, all Grasses,
We are here before you,
Sustain us!
Great Circle of all Beings
And all Powers who serve the Sacred One,
We are here before you,
Behold us!
Gathered with All Our Relations,
Holy Creator of All Things,
We are here before you
To praise you!

[Invocation from the Turtle Island Mass]

--the BB
The graphic at the top of the post includes artwork by Paul Madonna whose work appears in the San Francisco Chronicle.

4 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Such a beautiful prayer!!

I am holding all these dear ones in my own prayers.

Good news--I got an e-mail from the friend who is caring for my boss, Miguel. He is doing well and actually resting for a change.

And Dear Friend's mother will see her doctor on Tuesday to get an all-clear to attend the wedding. She is fretting over what to wear, so I take that as a good sign.

Thank you for you prayers!

Love,
Doxy

Paul said...

I am glad you have heard some good news. Prayers for your friends and extended new family continue.

it's margaret said...

Thank you for your prayers Paul. Many blessings.

my word thingy --luvspa !!!

Paul said...

It's a sign, Margaret. Get thee to a hot tub!

((((((( Joel & Margaret )))))))