Sunday, June 21, 2009

Treason upon treason


“If you realize, D., that I am no fool, then you must know I have seen you will not answer the choice I put to you. I therefore declare the barony of M. forfeit to the Black Lion on the grounds of high treason.”

Well, that's a pretty sentiment from someone who commits high treason by considering himself the Black Lion!

And then his sister commits one of the gravest of sacrileges by violating the eagle feathers and slaying the baron. Those two are nasty pieces of work.

In the entire weekend (including Friday when I stayed home with a sore throat) I have only written half a chapter. Ah well.


I did have a lovely brunch with my friend Kathy at the Indigo Crow in Corrales today. That was after a nice service at San Gabriel with our second baptism. (Not bad for a little mission only two years old, eh?)

I was looking in my library for my commentaries on Mark this weekend, getting ready to preach. It appears they are still in boxes somewhere in the garage because they clearly are not in the library yet. (Hey, I've only had three years to unpack; let's not rush things.) I ended up drawing on a quote from Augustine of Hippo and another from a fellow blogger (which really tied everything in the sermon together). Спасибо!

Photos this weekend were of my friend's garden. My own has nothing spectacular to photograph, though it does have tomatoes! So nice to see them already. Still small and green, of course, but promise of things to come.

Next weekend is my brother-in-law's 60th birthday (young whippersnapper!). I will get to see folks I have not seen in a while but it threatens to be rather chaotic. I am hoping to get a good chunk of writing done this week as next weekend will be a "lost weekend" (at least from an introvert's perspective). A much smaller party for the Fourth of July the weekend after.

The birthday boy is Janet's husband, and this is a lot going on while she recuperates. Everyone is pitching in and virtually nothing is demanded of her, but please continue to keep her in your prayers.

--the BB

1 comment:

June Butler said...

Our tomatoes are about finishing up, but they are beautiful and delicious. We are in a drought, but that makes the tomatoes tastier, because they contain less water.