Monday, July 13, 2009

Il y a eut un miracle!


The House of Bishops passed an amended version of D025:
99 Yes - 45 No - 2 Abstain.

The amendment is minor:
'Resolved that this 76th General Convention affirm that God has called and may call such individuals to any ordained ministry within TEC and that God's call to the ministry is a mystery which the Church attempts to discern for all people through our discernment processes acting in accordance with the Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church.'
Since it is amended it will return to the House of Deputies. I cannot imagine that they will not concur. The earlier version passed there in a vote by orders. In both cases we are talking passage by 2/3 votes.

Lisa Fox and I are working on saucing crow. I am thinking a highly reduced sauce with fruity tang, spicy undertones, and a lovely wine to accompany it.

To the House of Bishops I say,
"THANK YOU."


I apologize for my lack of faith.

(I think there is a passage somewhere about helping one's unbelief.)

And, as a certain Henry suggested, a Te Deum and Non nobis.

Hector Berlioz - (1/7) Te Deum, Op. 22 - I. Te Deum





--the BB

6 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

You cook. I'll wash the dishes! ;-)

(North Carolina was a sweep---"Yes" in all three dioceses. Woo hoo!)

Cheers, truly!
Doxy

P.S. Word verification is "wooff"--that's what Jasper says!

Paul said...

I love cooking when I have a dishwasher.

Hi! to Jasper and to you and DF.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I am preparing for a big dish of "I told you so!" from DF tomorrow, God love him!

And I will eat every bite of it and ask for seconds--while I am reminding him that his prayer that GC would do the right thing, so that I wouldn't have to leave TEC and become a "damned Unitarian," was answered. ;-)

Pax,
Doxy

P.S. Word verification is "moises." I think we are definitely being led out of Egypt!

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Happy, happy, are the people who have the Lord for their God!

Happy, happy, are the people who are in such a state!

(verification word: hersisti ;=)

David@Montreal said...

A miracle indeed!
And if dear Doxy will wash, I'll dry and put away, and DF can watch the four of us have a joyous time in the kitchen.

In all the celebration, I'd suggest it's also important for us to give thanks for the lives, voices and powerful witness of our LGBT community of faith and our straight alies- many of whom the Holy Spirit lovingly led through great personal healing and learning to be able to take their place as a child of the living God and speak truth to power within our Church. Many of them known to us by name, including my three kitchen mates.
Truly there is much to be celebrated- GREAT cause for thanks & praise.

David@ontreal

PS: I'd remind you our Church here in Canada has yet to go through the same expercise at our next National Synod, so I'll be calling for prayers then.

Paul said...

Quite so, David.