Friday, July 17, 2009

Pourquoi n'est-il pas pendu? Je vous le demande.

Plus becqueté d'oiseaux que dés à coudre? Eh? Pourquoi?

Beneath what was once a rather sweet exterior I have always been one to bear grudges. Readers of this blog know that I'd like to see Dick Cheney swinging at the end of a rope, hanged for treason. I could compromise and accept life imprisonment for him after conviction of war crimes. But I'd really prefer hanging him for treason. When it comes to Dick Cheney, I am one vengeful mofo. I'd even pull the lever.

Am I an Ahab to his Moby Dick, destroying myself with my hatred? Boy, the thought of perishing with him is pretty disgusting. Guess I need to go work on my karma.

Meanwhile, however.....

Marcy discussed the DOJ's shameful refusal to accept CREW's FOIA request:
But DOJ is not, just, referring to "information that is not at all similar" to information in the public record. It is also trying to hide information that is "not identical to the public domain information."

In other words, the evidence presented at trial that Dick Cheney learned of Plame's identity, passed it on to Libby in the context of responses to journalists, apparently ordered Libby to leak it to a journalist, but didn't tell anyone else at the White House up to and including George Bush about that order--DOJ is stating that Cheney said some things in his interview that are "not identical" to those things revealed at trial.

And that, my friends, is what this heap of steaming stupid is designed to keep hidden.

So, does Cheney have pictures of Eric Holder in compromising positions with children of both sexes AND a goat? What are they protecting, and why?

--the BB

2 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Spot on!

June Butler said...

Good questions, luv. I fear that the folks in the Obama administration see the pressure for disclosure of the truth surrounding the dastardly outing of Valerie Plame as a covert agent as a distraction from what they consider the real business of government. Of course, I could be wrong.

My sense is that the full story, or something close to the full story, will emerge - eventually - perhaps too late for Cheney to face justice on this earth.

I struggle with vengefulness, too. my friend.