Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Keep storming heaven

The headline is from Kirstin's latest post at her blog, Barefoot and Laughing. I commend her recent posts to you. Excerpts:

As for entering the process while I’m dealing with cancer: I have a mental image of a tightrope, but I’m not falling off. It’s not fraught with any actual danger. I won’t lose my balance. This is where I walk now. The message I got on Thursday carries me:

You could die. Affirm your life.

I have cancer. I am human. I am me. I will be me, as long as I have breath.




Keep storming heaven for me. Keep letting me know it. Know that your love helps carry me.
Because she has had difficulty sleeping, I offer this prayer from the BCP (edited):

O heavenly Father, you give your children sleep for the refreshing of soul and body: Grant Kirstin this gift, we pray; keep her in that perfect peace which you have promised to those whose minds are fixed on you; and give her such a sense of your presence, that in the hours of silence she may enjoy the blessed assurance of your love; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.


--the BB