Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Peach harvest 2010 - round two


I picked all the peaches on the Red Haven peach tree Friday morning while the refrigerator repair man was here. Last night I finally blanched and peeled them all. Tonight I made the cobbler above for work tomorrow and a smaller one for myself (and dessert on Friday with friends).

The third peach tree, a younger Elberta peach than the one that ripened first, has about half a dozen peaches that look almost ripe so the final harvest may be all fresh eating and no baking.

It has been a gratifying year for my fruit trees.

Wopila, Ina Maka, Ate Wi.

--the BB

3 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

I too have a better fruit year than last...

it's margaret said...

OMG that looks soooo good!

BooCat said...

Oh my word, that makes my low carb diet look so dull! It may be good for my diabetes but does little to excite the palate or soul some days.