Sunday, September 26, 2010

The end of the world


All I could do was weep and wail for the longest time, certain my heart had been ripped from me and I would never know anything but pain again. My life was torn away through a small scar on my chest and I would never get it back.
This afternoon some of the details for one of the last scenes of the entire Chronicles came to me, so I wrote it. My alter ego, the fictive redactor of all the tales, realizes the parallel world just ended and the one love of his life perished with it.

Yes, I wept writing it and wept reading it to my best friend. But I have always known this was how the story ends.

It is good to be writing.

--the BB

5 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Congratulations on finishing this great travail!

Paul said...

Thanks, Göran, but I just wrote one of the chapters that goes near the end. I am still really only half-way through book three of ten. But at least I am writing again.

June Butler said...

Paul, you brought a tear to me eye for your lost love, but I'm pleased, too, that you're writing again, luv.

June Butler said...

Paul, you brought a tear to me eye for your lost love, but I'm pleased, too, that you're writing again, luv.

Fran said...

Oh, the writing, the writing... I am so glad to read this.