Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It gets better

As we hear heartbreaking stories about bullying and teen suicide, we wonder what we can do about it. I'm sharing this video.



I was not bullied and count my blessings, though I cannot think of a single place or moment in my childhood or youth where it was safe to be myself. I am now 100% out and continuously marvel at how well almost everyone deals with it. I enjoy life. I have known and still know love. So if you are a youth wondering if it ever gets better, if there is any hope, if life is worth living, I want to assure you....

It can get better and even be wonderful if you stick around for it. Please do. You can know so much joy and fulfillment.

Never believe the lies the bullies and bigots feed you. They are ignorant, hateful, and just plain wrong.

Folks, The Trevor Project
has resources.

--the BB

2 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

A most wonderful and charming video! Oh, had it been around when I was a boy... Things are changing for the better!

June Butler said...

The video is excellent, really well done. Dan and Terry make the case for life well, because they radiate love and joy.