Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ev'ry rung leads higher, higher....

OK, so maybe we're not dealing with Jacob's ladder here. Chris in Paris announces the latest record oil price.
Oil hits a new high today and closes at $113.79 after testing $114. ... Since the US and UK invaded Iraq the cost of oil has gone through the roof and it's not going to ease up just because two leaders of two countries that the oil producing countries detest have a public temper tantrum.
Actually, I am among those who believe a very deliberate and intentional part of the invasion and occupation of Iraq was to keep oil prices high. After all, who benefits?
--the BB

2 comments:

sharecropper said...

I agree, Paul. We can only hope better is to come with new elections.

Any more about the book(s) - published? I am still interested.

Just finished The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce...youth writer supposedly - guess that's because she doesn't kill many people.

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the prayers.

Paul said...

Sharecropper, I have taken a break from writing (much too long a break) but an gearing up to plunge back in to the revision work. I have a reasonably clear idea of what I want to do in revising (more depth and texture in needed areas, some trimming in others). A friend has a publisher willing to look at it when I get it ready, so that's exciting. Even if they say no, I might get good feedback. Thanks for asking!