Monday, May 18, 2009

Progress


How much can be discerned in a glazed bowl with sides so thin one cannot help thinking of an eggshell? Prices are very good in the northern principality. The duke continues connecting the dots.

Today at lunch I scratched out six more paragraphs. This evening I added them and developed the issues further, finally concluding another chapter. Hooray.

I smirked to realize that I subconsciously broached the theme of warrantless wiretapping, translated to the eighth century, of course. We really cannot force our framework upon an earlier time. Still, I am amused. There was no Fourth Amendment in the duchy, nor in any of the lands thereabouts; not then, not later. Only human decency and honor. Which should suffice.

Sweet dreams, my little mayflies.

--the BB

No comments: