Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mi ofrendita

This year my ofrenda for the Day of the Dead was in my cubicle at work. Since so many folks put up sundry seasonal decorations and secular Hallowe'en stuff was all over the place, this seemed reasonable. One co-worker even added a photo of her parents for this remembrance, invitation, celebration.

As you can see, especially if you click the photo to enlarge, there were icons of César Chávez, Oscar Romero, Mohandas Gandhi, and the Resurrection (along with my usual ones of John Maximovich II and the Compassion Mandala). My parents can be seen leaning against Romero. Other family members are there and friends from St Cuthbert's whom I have fed with Christ's Body and Blood, anointed, loved, and in some cases buried. In the middle is Kazan, the most beloved of all our family's dogs. He is very special to me and I look forward to seeing him at the gate of heaven. St Peter can take the day off; Kazan will greet me and we will roll around on the ground and romp together again.
--the BB

No comments: