Tuesday, January 01, 2008

On the eighth day of Christmas

Photo courtesy of BBC
(look out, another Tyneside chap off his chump)

This afternoon I met a friend to see The Kite Runner, a fascinating movie about family, friendship, secrets, betrayal, and redemption. It is set in Kabul, Afghanistan, and Fremont, California (aka "Little Kabul") with some scenes in Peshawar, Pakistan. I will say no more. It is an extraordinary film. You can read more about it, its filming and actors, at Wikipedia.










The OCICBW... Community Christmas Appeal this year is raising money to help pay for the work being done by the Anglican Church of Christ the King in the City Of God district of Rio De Janeiro. Full details about the project and how to send your gifts can be found HERE.

Mad Priest is getting tough on the Christmas Appeal.
CITY OF GOD APPEAL - DAY 33
Yesterday, taking a leaf out of the book of the great Reverend Oral Hygiene, we promised you unimaginable riches in return for your donations. Four very generous and very foolish people fell for that scam, including myself, and the appeal total now stands at:

$6613.70

Brilliant! But I'm afraid it is still not enough.
So here is another incentive.

What can I say? Click, donate, save the puppy!

And do something wonderful for the children of Cidade de Deus through the ministry of the Anglican Church of Christ the King.

Happy New Year, Circumcision of Christ, Solemnity of the Mother of God, Holy Name Day!
--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

The Kite Runner! That is a movie I really want to see. The book, for me - is one of the very best books that I have ever read.

Then my cousin's wife urged me to listen to the book, read by the author. I am not much of a fiction listening type, but at that time I was driving back and forth between Nyack and Albany almost every week, so I thought, why not.

It was amazing and moving and incredible to do so and I highly recommend both methods of taking this book in.

Thanks for the mini-review.