Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How my friend Kathy sees me when I blog

She uses the knight illustration that I used when commenting on this before, but I wanted to try this one out. Lord, I hope I have the Light behind me.

We were e-mailing about our sundry personae and, specifically, about the online cries for justice versus how I perceive my personality in the flesh (more Clark Kent than Superman). [This, in turn, springs from a few recent exchanges with Kirstin.]

Kathy writes:
You are an avenging angel - you poke the windbags in the stomach, point out the absence of clothes on the emperor, etc. All of it is good and necessary and there is an intrinsic feeling of honesty and honest anger reverberating from the page (well, screen, actually!) and that's a VERY good thing! You inspire the rest of us not to be complacent, to always be informed, to be indignant and angry and enraged upon occasion!
It is true, I have little patience with windbags, though I am far more courteous around them in person than I am here. This is part and parcel of the issue about how we behave behind a certain online anonymity. Do we take advantage of that to behave badly? Would I call the President a jerkwad to his face, for instance? Probably not, assuming I could get within a mile of him. I would like to inform him that he is a war criminal who evidences no respect for our Constitution. I would not go so far as to tell him I regret every breath he has drawn upon this earth (which is not my reasoned position but close to my emotional one).

I do not go to bed angry, however. Having spoken my piece here, I get it out and let it go. At night I hold people before God; I don't rehearse grievances. I do my best to maintain a habit of awaking and falling asleep with a grateful heart.

Were I face to face with any of you, I would be much more inclined to discuss food, or creativity, or positive passions (what makes you happy and energized?). What keeps your mind alive? What makes your heart sing? Where have you experienced grace? Where have you traveled lately, or what have you read or seen that informed, nourished, challenged, or transformed you?

FranIAm has sweetly laid another award on me.


She has also nominated so many of my own faves that it makes it difficult to pass the honor on.

Because of her ability to surprise, startle, and illuminate me with her poetry, prayers, and musings, I think I will name one: Tandaina at Snow on Roses. Y'all owe it to yourselves to visit her.

It is a joy to share the creative musings, heartfelt cries, information, and compassion that swirls amongst fellow bloggers. We experience a virtual community with real hearts, and wonderful hearts at that. Thanks to all who inspire, challenge, inform, and move me on a daily basis!
--the BB

4 comments:

Josephine- said...

Thank you Paul, I think lots of us picture you just like Kathy. Though I'd add a couple coconuts and a well laden squire...

Diane M. Roth said...

what a good choice, Paul. Snow on Roses is good writing, indeed.

Paul said...

Toss in a fresh pineapple and it's time for piña coladas! Which I am sure I could enjoy with a "well laden" squire. You are most thoughtful, Tandaina. I hope lots of folks pop over and enjoy the riches of your output.

Fran said...

Tandaina's blog is amazing - you have pointed me there before.

And so is YOURS!!