Saturday, February 02, 2008

Oh, crap!

Now, granted, three days from now I will be in my first Russian class, which I think is way cool. But Fran gets Cal (love the photo of the Sather Gate, girlfriend) and I get Moskva. There is no way I want to deal with a Russian winter. I am a California sun-worshipping kind of guy. And look at the effing architecture in this photo!

Вздох! [Sigh!]




You're Lomonosov Moscow State University!

Though you're often cold and depressed, no one can question
your access to knowledge and the creativity that often accompanies suffering.
You see yourself as a varied teacher, sometimes spreading the word of
monarchs, tyrants, or even mere corrupt politicians. Along the way, you've
lived an unstable and interesting existence and grown very tall. Now, you're
in quite a rush. Uh.



Take the University Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I was just rhapsodizing about spring in North Berkeley today, both online with Kirstin and at lunch with my ex. February in Berkeley is magnolias and non-bearing plum trees in bloom, daffodils, the bright yellow of oxalis even, tulips soon to follow (if the deer don't get them first). You will never be nostalgic about Bambi again if you have deer eat your tulips. They wait until the blooms are just about to show color and then munch them, leaving you with all those bare stems. Daffodils and iris, however, they leave alone. Foxglove is also cool as the deer are not fond of digitalis. So plant the tulips inside your very high fence and let the daffodils and bearded iris naturalize and spread outside along your driiveway.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

OK. I was going to be a sport and do this. But, I scored as ITT Technical Institute and I am not putting that on my blog. Just not happening. I'm not even sure I can still be friends with you and Fran anymore... How can you possibly be associated with me?

Aaaarrruuuggghhh.

Fran said...

I came here for the university but stayed because of the gardening commentary...

Simply lovely.

Paul said...

Rowan, you wonderful dog, you! This has got to be one of the silliest of the silly quizzes and I don't believe it for a moment. Just because Fran got lucky does not mean you and I have to beat ourselves up. Besides, the IIT Tech folks probably are terrible at climbing trees and you wouldn't fit in there at all, so I just wouldn't believe the results. I don't believe my results but I thought they were a little bit funny (not funny enough for my taste). So I would just give this test a bit of a growl and move on.

Your friends all love you for who you are. We blog buddies don't check out schools to decide who is fun to hang around with.

Have a great day.

Padre Mickey said...

Well, I'm Boston College. Could have been worse for an East Bay boy; I could have been Stanfurd.

Paul said...

Lord have mercy, Mickey, indeed. Though anything but a sports fan, my involvement with UCLA and UC has been sufficient that I will always have an emotional investment in USC and Stanford losing. Not that some very nice people have attended both of those schools.