Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ad te omnis caro veniet

Front-loaded update:
Juan Cole had this to say today:
Guerrillas fired rockets at a US base south of Baghdad on Wednesday, killing 3 US soldiers and wounding 2. An Iraqi civilian was also wounded.

A US soldier was killed and another wounded at Diwaniya on Tuesday by a roadside bomb (that is Shiite territory). So the death toll for Monday through Wednesday was fifteen US troops killed.

If you’re reading these words, you are better informed about US casualties in Iraq than most Americans, for whom it has become a forgotten war. If it is not on television, it does not exist.

Why don’t bloggers do more posting of pieces like this AP video, below, about the 8 US troops killed on Monday. We are after all a tv network if we want to be.




Original post:

I knew we had passed 3,900 when I posted it below. I did not realize how far I had fallen behind.

Three thousand nine hundred eighty-seven.

Each one with a name.

Each one with a face.

Each one with a life of promise.

Each one with mourners left behind to grieve an irreparable loss.


My eyes are spent with weeping;
my stomach churns;
my bile is poured out on the ground
because of the destruction of my people,
because infants and babes faint
in the streets of the city.

--Lamentations 2:11


--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

God have mercy on us.