Tuesday, April 14, 2009

El Quicko

Easter Mass was joyous. Of course.

Easter dinner was very nice. I enjoyed it even if I was pooped at the end. My BFF and I did a joint effort with ham, asparagus, beets ( glazed with honey, balsamic, and thyme), Easter pilaf, little sou boereg triangles, tsourekia (Greek Easter bread), and black bottom pie for dessert. There were chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies to take home. You don't want to know how much butter went into that meal. Very fine wines compliments of the guests, and I was not driving anywhere so I got more than usual. And slept very well last night.

I watched some TV this evening while knitting and have been working on taxes. A few more pieces to track down but it appears the net total is in my favor, so that is good. I will obviously be up tomorrow evening until it is done, but for now I'm off to bed, already way too late.

Sleep tight, my little salamanders.

Oh, my sister sent an update. Great grandniece Clara is almost big enough to return to Fresno (not to home but at least to facilities in the home town). Olivia is not there yet and they don't want to separate the girls, so they will still be at Stanford for a while. Thanks for all your prayers; I know the family appreciates the love that comes from so many directions.
--the BB

3 comments:

June Butler said...

Your Easter dinner sounds lovely. One of these days, I'm going to pop in uninvited to one of your parties.

I pray that Clara and Olivia continue to grow and thrive.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Lovely dinner!

Kisses for the little ones ;=)

Crimson Rambler said...

we must have been on the same frequency ... dinner chez Rambler was ham, multi-rice pilaf, asparagus...red cabbage (didn't have any beets!) (and baked spuds and carrot slaw and tossed salad and marinated cucumbers). The kids arrived in greater numbers than originally anticipated. All wonderful...