Sunday, November 22, 2009

May flights of angels sing you to your rest


Gary posted this on Facebook:
Roseann's Spirit shed its mortal shackles at 8:45 p.m. Saturday. She would want you all to know that she went quietly and painlessly thanks to the loving care of the Hospice staff. She would want all of you to know that your expressions of love and well-wishes these last weeks made her passage much easier and that she loved and cherished you all. Somewhere tonight a new journey began.
We have all heard or read of a "holy death." Roseann has shown us all what that can look like. Here are recent segments from her blog.

11/09/2009
Tomorrow night at 6 I will be blessed to have my last eucharist before I'm given final rights. I am so happy and excited about this. It looks like we'll have over 100 people here which means our tiny house will have to use front porch overflow. I can't wait to celebrate with people I love. Sharing the body and blood is the ultimate meal of love. I can't begin to explain the peace and love of God surrounding me and Gary. You are all a part of that. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Love, Roseann

11/10/2009
I believe that I am living in a state of grace at this moment. I could write pages on how this feels and how it affects my perception but I am far too inarticulate to give it justice. My spirit feels so light and blessed. Thank you all for everything.

...

Friends, I enjoyed, rejoiced and celebrated HE in a way that is still giving me the chills. I felt so much love and I was able to return that love. I will always be grateful. I could feel you all with me and if love were a color this house would still saturated.

Thank you all for your presence in my life. Thank you, thank you.
What a blessing Roseann has been to us, even if we have only known her "virtually." I did speak with her on the phone many months ago during one of her hospitalizations. Such a sweet voice. Such a fighting spirit. And such grace when the time came.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory. May Gary be upheld and comforted. May his body find healing. May love ever abound.



--the BB

4 comments:

June Butler said...

Paul, this is so beautiful. If anyone ever had a holy death, Roseann did. How lovely of you to take note.

Paul said...

Thank you, Mimi, for your loving tribute, which I read just after posting this. She is an amazing lady.

And so are you.

The Cunning Runt said...

People like Roseann are such gifts to the hearts and souls of those lucky enough to encounter them.

Thanks for being the conduit through which I had this brief pleasure.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Prayers ascending for Roseann and Gary!