Friday, April 25, 2008

I want to trade Georges

I would be willing to trade a bushwhacking Bush-Walker for a Hohenzollern. At least until President Obama's term begins.

So today we take a look at His Imperial and Royal Highness Georg Friedrich Ferdinand Prinz von Preußen, head of the House of Hohenzollern.

His official page recounts the following:
George Frederick Ferdinand Prince of Prussia was born on the 10th of June in 1976 in Bremen/Germany. In the year before the wedding of his parents, Prince Louis Ferdinand jr. (1944-1977) and Countess Donata of Castell-Rüdenhausen (* 1950) had caused large media attention. Tragically, his father died shortly after Prince George Frederick’s first birthday from severe injuries he had suffered in a military training exercise. His widow gave birth to a girl, Princess Cornelie-Cécile, six months later. Therefore Prince Louis Ferdinand sen. (1907-1994) designated his grandson Prince George Frederick to become his heir.

Georg Friedrich passed his A-levels at Glenalmond College near Perth, Scotland.

While a couple of uncles contested his succession as head of the House of Hohenzollern, the courts ultimately awarded him the position while allowing the uncles a portion of the Prussian inheritance.

I am so loving the pin-up photo with autograph. If y'all are dithering over what to get me for my birthday, get in touch with GF.

Like almost every other royal in Europe, he is in line for the British throne, #151 according to Wikipedia.

The family takes its name from this fortified castle. It is owned 1/3 by one branch of the family and 2/3 by the royal branch.

Georg Friedrich was only a year old when his father died. His sister was born after their father's death. She suffered congenital encephalitis as a result of cytomegalovirus and this unfortunately resulted in developmental disability. I found three nice photos of the two children with their mother. This is the only later photo of Princess C-C that I have seen. Until Georg Friedrich sires an heir, she is next in line to head the family.

Much easier on the eyes than George IV of Amerika. And he's intelligent. Sigh.

This photo is from the official Hohenzollern site and I give it a big Woof!

Ladies, he's single.

--the BB

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh I thought you meant Georg Gans... oh never mind!!! He is more of a queen than a prince I think.

Paul said...

Well, my feelings for Msgr Gaenswein are well known. The Hunkmeister Himself. He gets a lot more than one Woof!

I did not notice any rumors about GF's orientation, and I have seen them about some of the handsome princes of Europe. Given the succession issues, he needs to be put out to stud soon - even if it means an understanding wife and a turkey baster - though I have no idea what's going on with him. I really don't want to get any deeper into royal gossip than this weekly project has already taken me.

He does seem to be a friend of Ernsti though, as some folks wondered whether it was good for his reputation to be hanging with the Monegasques. [rolls eyes]