Thursday, October 30, 2008

4189 - updated


Foto de una ofrenda por Scott Burns



Source

This too is a re-run. I listened to it the other night.



Go ahead. Embrace your tears.

Hold your loved ones in your heart.

Update:

Sgt. Scott J. Metcalf, 36, of Framingham, Mass., died Oct. 29, in Balad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 1st Squadron, 32nd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, Ky.

[Update source: IGTNT]

Nos acercamos a los días de los muertos. Hay de llorar, recordarnos de los bien-amados difuntos, invitarles a nuestro hogar, regalarles de las ofrendas sinceras de todo corazón.

In the words of the lullaby of the goddess of death in my novel:
Come, my children, and do not fear
The journey home, the path of peace.

The stars await you, their song is joy.
All you leave behind is worry,
All that is good will come to me.
Feasting awaits you and reunion
In my halls where all are welcomed
And my face at last is seen.

(c) 2007-2008 Paul E. Strid
All rights reserved.

No comments: