Saturday, November 01, 2008

Heart thread - 11/1/2008

It has been a while since I last posted a heart thread. I have not stopped praying and try to keep track of all the intercessions, thanksgivings, and "not praying" in blogtopia. Well, not really keep track so much as offer my prayers on the spot and hope to remember to keep folks in my heart.

One we have all been holding in prayer is Roseann, aka Being Peace. I thank Mimi for forwarding this to me:
I've just received word from Roseann, and she is in the hospital, and will have both kidneys removed on Monday. She did not give me a time, but I suspect it will be early.

She's asking for prayers.

Pass this on to MP and the rest of the blog world. The more praying for her the better her recovery will be.

Blessings,

Suzanne
I am going to lift the prayer Mimi used, certain she won't mind.

Almighty God our heavenly Father, graciously comfort your servant Roseann in her suffering, and bless the means made use of for her cure. Fill her heart with confidence that, though at times she may be afraid, she yet may put her trust in you; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Kirstin needs our ongoing prayers as she goes through her year of interferon therapy.

IT has celebrated the joy of marriage to her BP yet faces the ugliness of discrimination and bigotry all around (as do so many). Erika was just married too and we send her best wishes. Also the daughter of the Cunning Runt. So much joy and love for which we give great thanks.

And so much work to do to combat ignorance, fear, and hatred. Let us pray for those speaking the truth in those states voting on marriage discrimination in three days - and, frankly, for the confounding of efforts to propagate lies and hatred.

When Jesus said the poor would always be with us he did not mean that it's all right. Let us hold in prayer those who struggle to survive, who go to bed hungry each night, who have no home or are losing their homes, the unemployed and underemployed and self-destructive workaholics too, the children who see no options for their future, and the despairing. Let us also work for a society where circumstances are far more favorable for living lives of security and dignity.

Let us remember Fran as she seeks steady employment that suits her and brings some joy and satisfaction as well as a paycheck. And Caminante who is going through some major transition right now. And Johnieb who's back blogging once more.

Oh, there are so many more and the more I name the more I am aware of forgetting others. Sometimes my prayers are for "so-and-so's sister" because I remember she is having health problems but I can't even remember whose sister she is. Then I am embarrassed when I read an update and say, Oh, yes, that's the one I meant. I trust God to make all the necessary connections.

Then there are the nations and the peoples thereof. We must not forget the war-torn lands and those undergoing civil strife or recovering from earthquakes and other disasters: the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

In these Days of the Dead let us remember our loved ones who have gone before us. Studs Terkel, champion of the working class, has left us. I especially recall my friend Phyllis about whom it is still too painful to write the tribute. I look forward to a really good cry in church tomorrow.

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

This is lovely and I am humbled and honored to be among those named.

Honestly my issues are small compared to those of health, such as Roseann's and Kristin's.

However, I do accept that we are in community here and we must give - and we must receive. I do so with an open and grateful heart. Thank you, bless you.

"I trust God to make all the necessary connections."

This morning I (in my newly minted role as Sister Sacristan- LOL)was setting up for All Saints Day liturgy and was chatting with one of our deacons; I know his dad has been ill.

I asked about his dad and learned that they just found out that he has pancreatic cancer and has but a few months to live. So I asked for the deacon's dad's name...

Then I said to him, "Well, I like to know the name, but I know that God has it all sorted out when I pray."

Which is pretty much what you just said too.

God help us all- as we help each other.