Thursday, October 30, 2008

She did it again

Yes, the original Lilith, Eileen, tempted me.

And I did eat.

[I always blame her for silly quizzes because she has introduced me to so many fun ones.]

Your result for The 4-Variable IQ Test...

Mathematical

25% interpersonal, 20% visual, 25% verbal and 30% mathematical!


Brother-from-another-mother! Like mine, your highest scoring intelligence is Mathematical. You thrive on logic, numbers, things representing numbers, and sets of things that are sets of other things, with numbers nowhere in sight. You probably like the online comic called XKCD, and if you don't, check it out.


You probably knew you'd score "Mathematical" as you took the test, and mathy types are usually super-high scorers on this axis, and low on the others. Why? Because you (we) yearn for math.


Anyway, your specific scores follow. On any axis, a score above 25% means you use that kind of thinking more than average, and a score below 25% means you use it less. It says nothing about cognitive skills, just your interest.


Your brain is roughly:


25% Interpersonal


20%Visual


25%Verbal


30%Mathematical



Matching Summary: Each of us has different tastes. Still, I offer the following advice to the world.


1. Don't date someone if your interpersonal percentages differ by more than 20%.


2. Don't be friends with someone if your verbal percentages differ by more than 25%.


3. Don't have sex with someone if your math scores differ by over 40%. You might kill them.

Take The 4-Variable IQ Test at HelloQuizzy



This is intriguing, mostly in what it provokes in me.

I have been working more than full time as an accountant for the past six months and two days. I crunch numbers with such intensity that I have made the Excel program crash about eight times in the past three days. (I love conditional formulae; they save my brain from having to do all the thinking and get me there quicker.)

So my math side may be more to the fore than usual. I really don't spend that much time there, left to my own devices. Then again, I scored 800 on the Advanced Math aptitude test back when we did the SATs and all their relations. That was 45 years ago, however. By the time I took the GRE the second time around it was the Verbal where I got my 800. Yes, I am an aggressive test-taker.

I may be deluding myself, but I believe I love people although I live like a hermit. I don't like crowds and I have learned to love solitude. Superficial socializing bores and drains me but time spent with dear friends is an absolute joy.

When I take tests I stumble over ambiguity in questions because I am an intuitive (in the Jungian or Myers-Briggs sense) and can always see multiple possibilities. But once I have answered a question I don't second guess it and so I am not going back over this test to see what I might have answered differently.

Having said that, I am surprised by the low score on visual. If you are reading this page you have a sense of how highly I value visuals - not to mention the hundreds of photos revealing how I see the architecture of New Orleans. When I take an unhurried stroll on my own I am constantly pausing. At those moments I am entirely sensate, just soaking up detail, texture, pattern, color, form, and interaction in my environment. I don't just stop to smell the roses, I revel in their shades and shapes and variety.

Verbal? Well, y'all put up with my ramblings, so 'nuff said. [I should like to point out the use of "formulae" instead of "formulas" above. I use "formulas" at work because it is the bog-standard term but it grates to type it. I have trouble with stadiums and condominiums also. Ouch.]

Back to maths (the British version this time): When I saw the word "set" I immediately thought of a mathematical or logical set. I think this was because simply taking a test with multiple choices puts me in a mathematical mindframe.

I was not thrilled with the positive choices for vocation. I wanted to select "novelist" but they put that in the set of "worst" jobs. Pity.

OK. Enough.

I am 90% packed to fly home for the weekend tomorrow. Time for bed.

May you all have a great weekend. If you are volunteering for Obama or other great progressive candidates, blessings on your efforts and thank you. Be sure to vote next Tuesday if you have not voted early. Don't forget to send California Prop. 8 and Florda Prop. 2 down in flames if you are a registered voter in either state.
--the BB

5 comments:

Fran said...

I scored 15 on the math! I am surprised it was not less. 2+2 is what?

I scored 40% interpersonal. No comment.

I scored 20% on visual... What??

Go figure.

I could never do your job however as an accountant. I did get a job offer yesterday... Hold up. It is for cold calling sales... a job that I have the skills and ability to do but less than zero desire.

Deep sigh!

Paul said...

Oh, Fran. I think I need to light a whole bank of candles for you.

(((((((((((( Fran ))))))))))))

episcopalifem said...

Paul - I think your stuff looks sort of balanced, really.

And glad I could once again corrupt you!

((((((((Fran))))))))))

IT said...

I was 35% math. 'nuff said.


IT

Paul said...

Chortling here, IT. No surprise from those who read your comments at OCICBW and elsewhere.

Hooray that there are analytical types who think carefully, explore doggedly, question repeatedly, and help us all grope our way toward understanding.